- Hits: 1134
The Blyth Navigation was a canal in Suffolk, England, running seven miles from Halesworth to the North Sea.
Following an Act of Parliament in 1757, its construction was completed in 1761 at a cost of £3,000.
It initially had four locks; a fifth was added later. From the sea, the Navigation follows the River Blyth until it reaches the Town River, which it follows to Halesworth Lock. It then leaves natural rivers behind.
Navigation ceased in 1934. Some efforts have been made since to restore it, but the resultant flooding of bordering land has made this unpopular.