- Hits: 1249
The Pensnett Canal was a privately owned canal, it was also called Lord Ward's Canal.
The canal was started in 1839 and opened in 1840.
It was owned by the Earl of Dudley and served several iron & steel works.
The canal was a 1.25 mile level canal from Park Head basin on the Dudley Canal just south of Dudley Tunnel beside Parkhead locks and went to Lord Dudley's Round Oak iron works.
A railway at its western end connected it to the Staffs & Worcs Canal.
The canal closed in 1950