- Hits: 1119
The Market Weighton canal ran 9.5 miles from the Humber estuary to where it terminated near Market Weighton.
It gained its Act of Parliament in 1772 and opened in 1782.
The 3.5 miles closest to Market Weighton was abandoned in 1900 and the right of navigation through the Humber lock was lost in 1971.
However as of 2002 the lock was passable and the canal usable up to the junction with the River Foulness where silt made it impassable.